Due to the current situation, we have had to change how we deliver the programme slightly. We are trying to avoid full days and some sessions may be delivered virtually. Please download the flyer at the bottom of this page for further details.
The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML) is designed for newly appointed or aspiring middle leaders. The LTC has trained and supported more than 200 middle leaders to completing leadership programmes across Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and the region.
The LTC is an authorised delivery partner for The Schools, Students and Teachers Network (SSAT). It is one of two lead schools for the SSAT’s middle leadership programme, and is represented on the SSAT’s strategic board.
We have two cohorts per year, starting in September and January. The programme, which last for 15 months from introduction to assessment, comprises of:
- Introduction, conclusion and assessment support twilight sessions (6 Guided Learning Hours)
- 3 face-to-face full-day sessions (21 Guided Learning Hours)
- Intersessional individual tasks, reading and activities (33 Guided Learning Hours)
- In-school coach (30 Guided Learning Hours)
- Team improvement project focused on improving pupil progress and attainment, and the capability of the team (50 Guided Learning Hours)
- An assessed written account of the team improvement project (10 Guided Learning Hours)
All sessions take place in the LTC’s bespoke training facility.
Full scholarship funding available for Milton Keynes teachers
The cost of the NPQML programme is £900 per participant, including assessment. Currently, leaders from schools in Milton Keynes and parts of Northamptonshire are eligible for full scholarship funding for the NPQML.
Information about SSAT’s metrics (including recruitment and success rates) for NPQML can be found here.
The biggest impact on my learning has been the different models and awareness of different leadership styles as this has allowed me to engage fully with other leaders within school.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org